How long does scalp micropigmentation last? Is scalp micropigmentation permanent? What is the cost of scalp micropigmentation?
These are some of the recurring scalp micropigmentation FAQs we are often asked. And we totally get it. This is a huge step. It is completely okay to know everything there is to know before taking that leap. After all, not all tattoos last forever. Even microblading and other brow reconstructing processes do not last forever. Therefore, it makes sense to know how long SMP will last so that you can decide if it is worth it or not.
Read on to find the answer to the question and why scalp micropigmentation is worth it.
What is Scalp Micropigmentation?
Simply put, scalp micropigmentation is a cosmetic procedure that employs a unique pigment to create natural hair stubble. If you are struggling with hair loss, you will find that SMP gives you the best option in that it is non-invasive and provides a very natural look of a fresh short buzz cut.
Advantages of Scalp Micropigmentation Over Others
Why choose scalp micropigmentation over other hair loss treatments?
- Scalp micropigmentation is non-invasive so you don’t need to get under the knife or worry about the risks of hair transplant.
- Scalp micropigmentation requires less maintenance compared to other hair treatment alternatives – both invasive and non-invasive. This is a procedure you do once and it is there for as long as possible. No daily application or drugs are required.
- Scalp micropigmentation gives you that full natural look that you crave.
- Scalp micropigmentation lasts longer than most hair treatment alternatives.
No ink discolouration even after several years.
Is Scalp Micropigmentation Permanent?
Scalp micropigmentation is a long-lasting hair loss treatment option, giving you fuller hair for up to 8 years. This makes it as permanent as can be for a cosmetic procedure. But no, it won’t last forever because your body naturally disintegrates the ink over the years.
But that shouldn’t be a concern since 8 years is a long time and you can always touch up or repeat the procedure again. Even better, unlike tattoos, you will see no ink discolouration while fading. Everything is natural and your hair remains as full as it was.
Why Does Scalp Micropigmentation Fade After Some Years?
While scalp micropigmentation lasts for many years, it is, in fact, prone to natural fading due to the reasons highlighted below.
Note: Avoiding these reasons can greatly reduce the fading rate.
- The body’s natural response can increase or reduce the rate of fading. This is totally normal.
- UV rays from the sun are yet another factor of concern. Prolonged exposure to sunlight will increase the fading rate.
The specialist you consult can also affect the fading rate. If you use a non-professional, you are most likely getting tattoo ink and that fades fast.
Is scalp micropigmentation permanent? This is the most recurring question of all we have received over the years. We hope this article helps you understand the process better and aid your decision.
For professional assistance, don’t hesitate to contact Scalp Provoco. We are here to help!
Want more tips?
Check out our previous article on non-surgical hair transplant alternatives. Please don’t forget to share and subscribe to our newsletter so we can always bring you helpful tips like these. Thank you!